Q: P2118 where to look for the issue

Car won't start have a p2118 code.. It will crank just no start

Hello, thank you for writing in. You are throwing a code for the throttle body actuator control motor. More particularly, it means that the computer which monitors the throttle actuator has detected that the motor is working outside of it normal electrical range. Typically this means the unit has failed, but can also indicate an issue with the throttle position sensor or the pedal position sensor. If there were any other codes detected, then you will want to use those to help you pinpoint exactly what component needs help. If the P2118 code is the only present, then chances are higher the throttle body actuator motor needs to be replaced. For more help with testing and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. P2118 where to look for the issue