Q: Brake pads for 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

I have a 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek that needs 4 new brake pads. Is it better to stick with Subaru brand? I'm a bit heavy on the breaks. What would be the best option for replacement?

A: You cannot go wrong using factory replaceme...

You cannot go wrong using factory replacement pads since you know how long they will last and they were certified to work on your vehicle. There may be as many as 10 different aftermarket pads on the market and all will have different pros and cons. The less expensive brands may not last as long and can be more noisy and the expensive brands last longer and less noise. You should talk to a local parts store to see what they have on hand and look at the material in the pads. You will see the difference in quality. If you would like to have your brake pads replaced at your home or office, a certified technician from YourMechanic will be able to source recommended pads and come to your car's location to perform this service.