Q: Truck doesn't start after sitting for over a year

My truck won't start. AAA tried to jump it, but couldn't. They said it wasn't the battery. I think it is probably the fuel since it has been sitting for a year and a half.

A: Hi there. If your truck cranks normally but...

Hi there. If your truck cranks normally but doesn't start, suspect a problem with fuel or spark delivery. Spark can be checked using an inline spark tester and fuel pressure can be checked with a gauge. If the engine doesn't crank at all or cranks over very slowly, suspect a problem in the starting/charging system. This can be tested using a dedicated tester or with a digital multimeter. I suggest having a professional technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the starting issue on your vehicle and repair any damaged parts.