Q: My car vibrates between 50-60 mph

asked by on November 07, 2016

Vibration not in steering wheel, you can see windshield wipers shaking.Truck drives fine.you can feel the body of truck Vibrate.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A vibration while driving is generally caused by something that rotates with vehicle speed. A number of components can be the cause. An out of balance tire or tires, as well as an out of round tire (shifted belt) or bent wheel can cause vibrations at certain speeds. Driveshaft issues can also make the vehicle shake. If a balance weight fell off the driveshaft or u-joints are worn, the driveshaft can be imbalanced and cause a vibration felt throughout the vehicle. Worn u-joints will allow excessive movement in the driveshaft as it spins. Have a certified technician inspect the vehicle to find the correct cause of the vibration at speed.