Q: Cut off while driving

asked by on August 06, 2016

Wife had just filled up with gas, drove about 10 miles and the car just shut off. Wont crank or start. Battery was tested and good, all lights come on, radio etc... Fuel pump comes on when the key is turned. Not sure if it's the starter or maybe the switch under the clutch pedal. Had the car for 12 years and never had a problem.

Based on the information you provided, it does seem like your clutch switch may be faulty. You may have another cause for the no-start. Read the DTC’s (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) to determine if you have another component that needs testing. If you still need help, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to determine the exact cause of your stalling issue and get your car running normally again.