Q: Would cold temperatures make my service all wheel drive system warning come on? 2012 GMC Terrain

When I turned my car on this morning, the Service All Wheel Drive System warning came on. The car seems to be handling like normal, and it was below zero temps last night.

Hi there - while a big drop in temperatures shouldn’t cause a service light per se, cold temperatures DO have an effect on electrical connections, and a connection problem may be the case here. You need the actual problem code which caused the "Service" warning to come on, which will tell what is specific issue is. The GM readers are called "Tech 2". I would recommend a Warning Light inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem with the appropriate code scanner, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Would cold temperatures make my service all wheel drive system warning come on? 2012 GMC Terrain