Q: I received error code P0130. What do I do next?

Error codes after the check engine light came on P0130 and it returned after being reset. What is the easiest cure for the problem?

My car has an automatic transmission. F-150 2010 4.6 24v engine

For this vehicle with 4.6 or 5.4 liter engine, the code P0130 could be due to a problem with the computer program calibration. There is a technical service bulletin (TSB) number 13-3-5 dated March 6th 2013. The TSB pertains to receiving codes P0130 and P0150, which are associated with the O2 sensors. The TSB calls for a reprogram of the calibration file in the engine computer. The reprogramming and clearing of the codes in memory will clear the adaptive transmission shift programming at the same time, and the vehicle will upshift and downshift harder than before reprogramming. This is only a temporary condition, though, and shifting should improve after a few days of normal driving. The computer reprogramming with the latest calibration files will need to be done at a dealer or authorized Ford repair facility with reprogramming capabilities.

3. I received error code P0130. What do I do next?