Q: My 2008 VW Touareg v8 4.2FSI is leaking oil on top of engine and running down the front of engine.

Oil leak on top of engine and running down the front of the engine. What is required to fix it? Starting to smell it a little inside the cabin.

Hello. The most common leak on the front of this engine is the valve cover gaskets. They tend to leak and cause this to occur. Most of the time the engine will need to be cleaned in order to locate the source of the leak. In some cases dye will also need to be added to be able to pinpoint the location of the leak. If you need to have this found, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [locate and repair the oil leak] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/valve-cover-gasket-is-leaking-inspection

3. My 2008 VW Touareg v8 4.2FSI is leaking oil on top of engine and running down the front of engine.