Q: How does the Maintenance Minder™ work?

How does the Maintenance Minder™ work?

A: It can be tough to keep up with maintenance...

It can be tough to keep up with maintenance like oil changes and tire rotations. Even if the shop you use remembers to put the reminder sticker in your windshield, it can still slip your mind. The Maintenance Minder™ on your Accord is designed to help you remember when your car needs an oil change (it only estimates oil life – nothing else).

To see your oil life estimate:

1. Turn the key to II.

2. Press the select/reset knob on the dash.

3. Release the knob.

4. Continue until you see the oil life percentage. It will range from 100% to 0%.

Tips

• The Maintenance Minder™ will display every time the engine starts if the oil life is between 15% and 6%.

• Once oil life drops to 5% or less, a service message will be displayed.

• The Maintenance Minder™ can display codes for other maintenance items based on vehicle mileage.