Q: Car not starting, only clicks.

My car is not starting, When I turn the key, it makes a clicking sound. The dashboard lights are working. I had the starter replaced in July 2014.

Battery is dead Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The first thing I would have checked by a certified mechanic would be the battery, a typical battery for your car only has a useful life of about 3-5 years. The amount of power left in the battery might be enough to power the lamps, but once the starter is engaged the solenoid tries repeatedly to start spinning the engine, the clicking you’re hearing is the solenoid not getting enough cranking amps to keep the starter engaged.