Q: Hose clamp broke

A hose clamp broke, and coolant and steam exploded under the hood everywhere.

A: If the broken clamp is the only problem the...

If the broken clamp is the only problem then out can be replaced with a new one as long as the coolant hoses are still in good condition. Once reconnected the system should be bled of all air in the system and filled to the proper fluid level to ensure proper operation of the cooling system. A cooling system inspection should be carried out by a qualified technician like the ones here at YourMechanic in order to ensure proper operation of the system.

Recommended services
Get a Quote