Q: OBD2 error

Went to get my car inspected and mechanic couldnt get the OBD2 To work. Kept coming up as error. Possible lighter fuse but bother my lighters work. Is there anything else I can check with out having to dish a ton of cash to the auto dealer?

A: You should be able to check the vehicle own...

You should be able to check the vehicle owners manual for the location of the fuse that will power the diagnostic port. The fuse is not always the same as the accessory or cigarette lighter socket. If you would like the car check for trouble codes, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect the car for codes for you or can diagnose the electrical problem that is causing the OBD-II not to read.