Wheel is free but the key won't turn v8-5.3l gmc sierra 1...

Q: Wheel is free but the key won't turn

asked by on March 14, 2017

My key won't turn in park and my steering wheel is free.

You should try a different key if you have a spare one to try. If the spare key turns the ignition now then the original key is worn and needs replaced.If you do not have an extra key then look at the key you are using to see if the key looks excessively worn? If it is worn then you will need a locksmith to cut a new key and program it for you and see if ignition now turns. If it still does not turn then you will need the key lock cylinder replaced.