Q: Can I continue to drive my car until I get the ignition coil fixed?

We checked the codes and my car needs a new ignition coil. That is the code that came up after my engine light came on. My question is can I still drive the car?

Hello Since the ignition coil is the component responsible for generating the engine spark, any problems with it can quickly lead to engine performance issues. Because of this fact, it’s not really a good idea to drive the vehicle any further than you need to before it’s replaced or the correct issue is diagnosed and repaired. A good idea would be to contact a local mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to replace your ignition coil or download the error code to determine exactly what is wrong with your Durango.

3. Can I continue to drive my car until I get the ignition coil fixed?