Q: Should I buy a car that has been sitting for 7 years, it ran when he got it

My friend has a car that he wants to sell me. But it's just been sitting there for 7 years. What mechanical problems should I look for. I don't want to buy it if the tires rot off and the belts all break...But I know it ran good when he put it there. It MIGHT have been started a few times over the years

Only if you are prepared to replace the entire fuel system, tires, brakes, cooling system, and belts. These systems may be bad after sitting for that long of a period. Other issues could include the A/C and some other systems as well.

If you are really interested in the car, I’d recommend having the vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic who can perform a pre-purchase inspection of the car. Once this is done, you’ll have an idea of the condition of the car and then you’ll know for sure whether or not the car is worth buying.

3. Should I buy a car that has been sitting for 7 years, it ran when he got it