Q: I had both axles replaced and car still sqeaks alot what could the problem

asked by on July 29, 2017

In the last 2 years I'v replaced both axles and my car is sqeaking a lot. Could the axles be bad again already? Also when the first axle broke it also broke the power steering hose. My dad fixed it and it was all good for about 6 months but after that it starting to get hard to turn the wheel again. Is it time to fix that again also?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be squeaking for a number of reasons. The best way to tell if it is the axles causing the sounds is to isolate the noise with a series of tests. You will want to rule out the control arms, shocks, and other suspension related components. When dealing with the power steering issue, again, it is a process of elimination. You want to check the power steering fluid level, the condition and color of the fluid, and check for any leaks or signs of damage to the system. Chances are the fluid is low, or the pump is starting to fail. Only further testing will tell with both issues. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr