Spark plugs popping out v8-4.6l 2001 lincoln town car spa...

Q: Spark plugs popping out

asked by on March 28, 2016

My spark plugs keep popping out of place and now they will not go back in. I think the threads are stripped.

Hello. You would be correct that the threads are stripped. The stripped spark plug holes could be repaired by having a technician helicoil them. This would only be a temporary fix and doesn’t always hold up. Ultimately, you would need to replace either the cylinder heads or the entire engine itself. This should be done by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.