Q: Brake lights don't work when I brake or reverse.

I have a strange problem with my Cavalier's brake lights. They come 'on' when I turn my headlights on. When I'm driving or reversing, the break lights don't work. What is causing this?

A: Hello. It sounds like there may be an issue...

Hello. It sounds like there may be an issue with the brake light wiring system. It is also possible that the brake light switch or brake light switch wiring is faulty.

It would be a good idea to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home or place of business to diagnose why your brake light is not working, and recommend the best path to repair.