Q: Car Stalls in 2nd Gear after Starting

After sitting overnight, when ever I start my car in the morning, it stalls in 2nd gear. It starts with no issues, it idles with no issues. I can drive off and pull out of my driveway, but as soon as I hit the street and give it a little gas, it stalls out. The engine is revving and the RPMs are moving, but there's no acceleration. Only once the RPMs get to a certain level does it kick hard into 3rd a take off. Then it's fine for the rest of the day. I had the transmission fluid changed early this summer, there's no leakage under ther car and there's no burning smell. There's no MIL indicator, but there is a P0700 (transmission control system) and P0732 (gear 2 incorrect ratio) engine code store in the OBD computer. Any ideas or suggestions on what the issue could be?

A: Test/evaluate shift solenoid(s) on transmis...

Test/evaluate shift solenoid(s) on transmission. You can probe for resistance on solenoid coil through the wiring harness but even if within spec, solenoid mechanism could still be sticky or intermittent. Faulty solenoids are a common cause of this type of problem. The rest of the diagnostic tree is lengthy. If it is not as simple as a solenoid, contact YourMechanic to have the stalling diagnosed. If it is a solenoid, you would be wise to have a YourMechanic transmission specialist deal with it. Transmissions require precision and you cannot get ANY dirt and debris in them particularly in or near the valve body which these solenoids are bolted to.