Q: Stiff steering wheel and gas pedal, engine shudder

asked by on September 07, 2016

I've recently bought this model and it runs well. I've noticed that the steering wheel is a bit stiff and difficult to move. The same goes for the gas pedal, whereas the brake pedal is very easy to apply. I was wondering what could make them so hard to operate. As far as I'm aware, the alignment is done on the car. However, there is a noticeable shaking of the engine. What kind of repairs would you recommend for the steering wheel and gas pedal? Also, is the engine shudder something to be concerned about?

Hello. The power steering pump, power steering lines, and/or steering gear could be faulty or have a leak. The problem you are having with your accelerator pedal being hard to press could be due to a throttle cable that is sticking, or high carbon build up in the throttle body. The engine shuddering you are experiencing could be related to the spark plugs and could be fixed by replacing the spark plugs. My recommendation would be to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection of the steering system to determine if there are any leaks, and make any necessary repairs.