Q: I have a 1995 Isuzu rodeo .

It has a high idle when I stop, it has a hesitation between 1800rpm and 2500rpm depending on if its hot or cold what do I need to replace?

The engine hesitation could be related to the causes of the high idle or could have a separate cause such as faulty oxygen sensors or a faulty throttle position sensor. I suggest you resolve the high idle first because it is easier. In the majority of vehicles, engine idle speed is controlled by an idle control valve (ICV). A faulty or blown fuse in other electronically controlled systems can cause the IAC motor to malfunction, leading to a higher than normal engine idle speed. The ICV valve itself can malfunction due to excessive carbon buildup in the intake manifold. Other possible causes of a high idle include vacuum leaks, a malfunctioning throttle and, rarely, a PCM/ECM malfunction. With regard to vacuum leaks, on a fuel injected engine a vacuum leak will cause a high engine idle as the engine’s oxygen sensor detect the extra oxygen entering the engine through the vacuum leak. The newly lean (too much air relative to fuel) status will result in the engine’s computer pumping in additional fuel, resulting in an abnormally high idle. A malfunctioning throttle system can cause both a high idle as well as an engine stall. A dirty air intake or cracked air intake tube is often the culprit. If you desire that this high idle problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine idle speed diagnostic - high idle and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. As noted, once the high idle is resolved, if the engine hesitation remains, that will be diagnosed in turn. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 1995 Isuzu rodeo .