Q: Brake pads replacement

Hi, Recently I had taken my car to the service station and was told that I would need a brake pad replacement in another 2K miles (front ones) and back ones in another 5K miles. I was getting screeching noise when I apply brakes. I wanted to check with YourMechanic team to get a better understanding if I need to change them. If you could assist me regarding this, it will be really grateful.

Thanks & Rgds -Nanda-

Hello, thanks for writing in. Generally most brake pads have a specific thickness tolerance that is used to warn the owner of the vehicle of when it may be time to replace the pads. What this means is that you will hear a slight squeaking at a certain point when the pads wear down to this point. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to perform a brake inspection on your car to be sure this is what the squeaking relates to. We can also perform a brake pads replacement for you if needed.

3. Brake pads replacement