Q: Check engine light comes on intermittently

The dashboard in my car started showing the check engine light illuminated. The dealer had some repairs done but it keeps coming back on intermittently. I took it to the dealership due to this issue again but they couldn't find the cause of it appearing. The car has a mileage of 40,000 and the CVT transmission. Do you have any idea what might be causing the CEL to come on?

A: If the Check Engine Light is coming on then...

If the Check Engine Light is coming on then it would have set a code. The code may have been read, but a problem is not found or the mechanic could not find the problem. I would need to know the code that the computer keeps storing since there are 1000's of possible codes for different systems on the vehicle. If you would like to have another expert take a look, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the Check Engine Light and guide you with the repairs.