Q: Cleaned throttle body, now it won't go into gear.

asked by on March 12, 2017

I cleaned the throttle body and now the idle is very high and vehicle won't go into gear

Idle Control Valve Replacement $146.15 - $920.51 Get a Quote
Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The Idle Air Control valve got damaged when the throttle body was cleaned. I suggest removing the IAC valve and cleaning it out. The electronics could be wet causing the valve to change the engine idle and the computer will not engage the transmission if the idle is too high with the throttle pedal at 0 counts.

If you need further assistance with your engine idle too high, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.