Q: Cleaned throttle body, now it won't go into gear.

I cleaned the throttle body and now the idle is very high and vehicle won't go into gear

The Idle Air Control valve got damaged when the throttle body was cleaned. I suggest removing the IAC valve and cleaning it out. The electronics could be wet causing the valve to change the engine idle and the computer will not engage the transmission if the idle is too high with the throttle pedal at 0 counts.

If you need further assistance with your engine idle too high, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Cleaned throttle body, now it won't go into gear.