Q: I can hear the motor for my windshield wipers but the blades don't move at all. Is this the linkage

Went to gostart my car and the windshield wipers came on and I heard a pop. Then the windshield wipers just fell and now I can here the motor going but the wipers do not move at all.

Hello, thank you for writing in. At this point you have done most of the diagnostic work. You know the motor is getting power, so the issue is either with the gears inside of the motor or the linkage. The gears inside of these wiper motors are plastic and can break if under stress. This would include frozen wipers, or any other strain. The linkage may also be broken or disconnected. You will need to access these components and do a visual inspection. The gears may not be able to be accessed, but if you remove them you may be able to hear the broken gear inside. If the wiper motors have broken gears, then the only option is to replace them. The same goes for the linkage if it is damaged. For more help with inspection and replacement, contact our service department.

3. I can hear the motor for my windshield wipers but the blades don't move at all. Is this the linkage