Q: How do I calculate the fuel economy?

asked by on December 11, 2015

How do I calculate the fuel economy?

Calculating fuel economy will help you keep track of how much gas your truck uses. Knowing this is helpful to most drivers. To calculate the fuel economy.

1. Fill the fuel tank completely and record the odometer reading.

2. If you refill the tank, record the amount of fuel added each time.

3. After a few fill ups, record the odometer reading once again.

4. Subtract the first mileage reading from the current odometer reading.

5. Divide total miles traveled by total gallons used.

6. Multiply liters used by 100, then divide by the total kilometers traveled.