Q: Vehicle stalls while reversing

When I drive my van and put it in reverse, very frequently it would just stall. It occurs upon turning the wheel when I back up and the engine shuts off. What is causing this?

Hello. The power steering in your 2007 Chevrolet Express is run off of vacuum from the engine. If there is a vacuum leak in the engine’s system, it will cause the problem that you are experiencing. The brake booster is also a contributing component of the power steering in your car. Therefore, it is also possible that there may be a problem with the brake booster. I recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your stalling problem in person in order to make the necessary repairs.