Q: Vehicle stalls while reversing

asked by on July 27, 2016

When I drive my van and put it in reverse, very frequently it would just stall. It occurs upon turning the wheel when I back up and the engine shuts off. What is causing this?

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The power steering in your 2007 Chevrolet Express is run off of vacuum from the engine. If there is a vacuum leak in the engine’s system, it will cause the problem that you are experiencing. The brake booster is also a contributing component of the power steering in your car. Therefore, it is also possible that there may be a problem with the brake booster. I recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your stalling problem in person in order to make the necessary repairs.