Q: Torque converter interchange

Can i put a torque converter from a 97 tahoe to a 94 silverado vertualy the same. Is there any differences in torque converters

Based on the Pro King torque converter catalog, at least three different torque converter models were common to the two different make/model year designations you have listed. So, the answer to your question is they are "possibly" interchangeable if by coincidence the two vehicles you have designated happened to use the same converter out of the three common possibilities. It is possible, but would have to be confirmed. Typically, there will be an alpha-numeric code, or a color designation, on the original converter(s). Another way to determine compatibility is to use the VIN numbers off of each car but even that is not fool proof because the torque converter on one or both cars may not be original. If you have a defective torque converter, or you are rebuilding a transmission, it is NOT recommended to install a used torque converter or even re-use your torque converter. And, the best practice to ensure compatibility is to have YOUR torque converter rebuilt. That is, you should send your existing torque converter out to a rebuilder, such as Precision of New Hampton and have them rebuild it for you and send it back to you. Obviously, if the converter off of your existing vehicle is rebuilt and sent back to you, that is a guarantee that you have the right part. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.