Q: Q: How much for a tune up

My maintance require light keeps coming on when start the car up, it blinks for about 3 seconds then it goes off. I haven't had a tune up since I purchased the cat in July of 2016.

Annual "tune-ups" are not really applicable to modern vehicles. Instead, what is typically of importance is following the vehicle manufacturer’s "maintenance schedule". The required maintenance at this time for your car will depend on the vehicle history. In particular, if any of the required past maintenance, before you bought the car, was not performed at the "last" required interval, obviously that maintenance would have to be done "now" because it is overdue. With regard to some key maintenance items on your vehicle, the engine oil and filter should be changed every 7,500 miles, the spark plugs should be replaced every 30,000 miles, the brake fluid, engine coolant, and transmission fluid should be changed every 45,000 miles, and the timing belt should be changed at 105,000 miles. Quite a few system and component inspections are required, too, per the maintenance schedule for your vehicle, too many to list here. Again, with regard to the past required maintenance, examples of which I just listed, if you suspect that any in the list were not done, the best thing to do is perform the omitted items now. You could start by requesting an oil and filter change and in the course of that service the responding certified mechanic from YourMechanic can at look at some of these other maintenance schedule items and give you his or her opinion as to what might be best for you to do at this time. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: How much for a tune up