Q: How do I work the cargo shade in my car?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do I work the cargo shade in my car?

If you have one in the vehicle, the cargo shade provides you with important benefits. It can protect your cargo from direct sunlight, but it also shields your cargo from prying eyes, which can reduce the temptation to break in. Here’s what you need to know about using the cargo shade:

1. Install the shade by sliding the ends into the mounting brackets on either side of the cargo area in the back of the vehicle.

2. Grab the outer edge of the shade and pull it backward.

3. Lock the ends into the tension slots on the back of the rear quarter panels (near the liftgate).

4. To release the shade, lift up on both ends and let it retract into the frame.