Q: Reduced RPM after driving for 1 hour

asked by on February 06, 2018

I'm driving on the highway at 80 MPH and then my Engine RPM is reduced. I cannot seem to get above 2500 RPM and this bar eventually reduces to like 2000 RPM. No lights on apart from ABS and Traction light.Not even Check Engine or Reduced Engine power warnings/lights come on. I drove this initially for 30 minutes after it first happened. I got an oil change and apparently I had a bad air filter so I assumed this was the issue. A few days later I had to fix hose in my engine as I was having coolant leak. After fixing these issues, I assumed that maybe the problem would be fixed so I put the car on the road for a 1 hour test drive and it happens right around 45 minutes. Putting the car in park, the engine revs above 3000 RPM. Also, turning off the car for a while seems to fix the issue momentarily. What could be the problem?

You will need to have the computer scanned to find out the codes to get the reason for the engine going into failure limited throttle control. It may be due to the ABS system problem.