Q: 2007 Honda Pilot Check Engine Light and VSA light on and idling at higher RPM, problem with acceleration

asked by on June 19, 2017

Check Engine Light comes on sometimes and it is accompanied with VSA light and some kind of triangle warning signal. When this happens on the road the acceleration is not as good as it is before VSA light comes on. I have to stop and restart car. In this case VSA light goes off and Check Engine light stays ON, but car drives as normal. When VSA light is on the idle RPM is much higher too.

I was told it might be APP sensor, acceleration pedal sensor which is easily replaceable. How likely it is?

It also can be misfire in cylinders? Car has high mileage and I have no idea if previous owner changed spark plugs and if they are old.

What is the complete list of the problems causing CEL and VSA lights coming on and off, but most of the time it stays ON

Hi there. The Vehicle Stability Assist light typically will trigger when the system has been disabled and it not the source of misfiring or acceleration issues in most cases. Since your check engine light is illuminated as well, it is highly probably that the root source of this issue will be discovered by having a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection. This will permit them to download all stored error codes and correctly diagnose the root issues your Honda Pilot is experiencing and recommend the right repairs.