Q: 2011 toyota pruis; code c1391 abnormal leak in accumulator, brake light and abs light on

asked by on December 03, 2017

2011 toyota pruis; code c1391 abnormal leak in accumulator, brake light and abs light on, takes more force on the brake pedal to stop the car

Hi Andrew. Thanks for sending your question today. Typically this Toyota-specific OBD-II trouble code is due to an internal leak in the actuator circuit and the accumulator circuit. The first step in diagnosing this problem is verifying that there are no visible leaks in the system. If there are no leaks in the system then replacing the actuator and accumulator will resolve the issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr