Q: Why would one of my belts in my 2004 Volvo S40 get really thin

One of the belts in my car got really thin all of the sudden and i think it might be the serpentine one but i am not sure. I have a picture of it and i can show it to you because im not sure which belt that it. Thank you

Hello. If the belt itself suddenly got really thin that is usually because the belt is old and has become brittle. When this occurs the belt will crack and start to come apart. Most of the time it splits in half and becomes thinner prior to fully breaking. There are other issues that can cause this also like a look pulley, but that would usually also cause other issues. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [replace your serpentine belt] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/serpentine-drive-belt-replacement

3. Why would one of my belts in my 2004 Volvo S40 get really thin