Q: Car cuts off when i take my foot off the gas just started happening right after i put gas in it

asked by on October 04, 2016

My car cuts off when i take my foot off the gas this just started happening right after i put gas in it

Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $173.36 - $767.03 Get a Quote

This is a common problem which often is related to the mass air flow sensor. This is a unit that regulates air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine. When this is not working properly, this will cause the stalling and intermittent running conditions as you described. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic commute to your home or place of business to diagnose and replace the mass air flow sensor.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr