Q: Car won't crank, or start but I have a clicking noise 2004 Infiniti G35

2004 infiniti g35 no crank no start but i get a click noise, brand new starter battery is fine car was running great last thursday i shut it off to get a cup of coffee tried to start it again and nothing

Hello - check battery and ground cables for good, clean connections with no corrosion. Next, check for 12v at the starter solenoid "trigger" wire connector on the starter (when the key is in the "Start" position). Your "clicking" noise sounds like the classic case of a complete wiring connection to the starter motor, but not enough electrical current to spin the starter over. The starter solenoid probably has burned contacts causing this problem I recommend a no start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Car won't crank, or start but I have a clicking noise 2004 Infiniti G35