Q: Reocurring wheel speed sensor failure

asked by on October 31, 2016

The wheel speed sensor go bad too often

Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement $103.84 - $582.33 Get a Quote
Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there. As you may know, these sensors monitor wheel speed for a variety of the car’s onboard systems such as the traction control, ABS, and other systems. When wheel speed sensors go bad, they can cause many problems with inaccurate warning lights coming on as well as inadvertent engagement of those systems. It would be important to get additional details about symptoms - either drivability issues or visual issues - in order to get an accurate diagnosis of the issue. I suggest having an expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your location to take a look at each of the four wheels on your car to determine what may be causing this reoccurring problem with the sensors. This may be something related to other components misaligned causing them to fail prematurely.