Q: Car loses speed while driving.

Driving on highway and battery indicator lights up red. After awhile, car started to lose speed. Could still step on gas and done would go up, as if stuck in neutral. Pulled over, did not turn off car. Waited a few mins and was able to drive as normal. Issue reoccurred about 5 times. Was driving from st Louis to Kansas city. Replaced battery but indicator still comes on after a few mins of driving. Had not had the issue of the car losing speed since returning home.

Hi there. Check the battery cables and make sure that they are tight. Also, check the connections from the alternator to the battery. If the power wire from the alternator is loose, then the battery light will come on and also cause the computer to put the vehicle into limp mode, which will loose power to the engine and transmission. Tighten up all connections from the battery to the alternator. If all of the cables are tight and clean, then I recommend replacing the alternator. If you need further assistance with your engine having a loss of power and the battery light on when driving, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.