Q: What does the keyless entry remote do?

What does the keyless entry remote do?

The keyless entry remote should always be kept with the keys for the vehicle as well. There are 3-4 buttons on the remote depending on the trim package.

• The button with a closed lock symbol will lock all of the doors of the vehicle. Pressing the button twice within 3 seconds will cause the vehicle to make a chirping sound. If the vehicle has an anti-theft alarm system, this button will arm the system.

• The button with an open lock symbol unlocks the doors. When pressed once, the driver’s door will unlock. If the button is pressed again or pressed while the driver’s door is already unlocked, then the remaining doors will open. This button disarms the theft deterrent system as well.

• The button with the trumpet symbol on it will make the turn signals flash and will cause the horn to honk 3 times when pressed. In case of an emergency, the button can be pressed and held for over 2 seconds to activate the alarm system.

• If the vehicle is equipped with remote starting, there will be a 4th button on the remote with a curved arrow on it. Pressing this button will start the engine remotely.

3. What does the keyless entry remote do?