Q: Advice on putting cold air intake

Could you tell me if the cold air intake actually increases horse power?

On a race car, yes they do. But you have to realize that if you take your regular intake off and put the cold air intake in, that changes the airflow and changes the temperature of the air coming into the vehicle. In order to do that correctly, you would have to pay a very good mechanic who knows how to modify cars. He would have to have a five gas analyzer and a dynamometer and be able to reprogram the computer on your vehicle. It’s doable. If you are going to pay somebody to do that, it will cost you a reasonable amount of money. And the only thing you are going to get, on most vehicles, is maybe one or two horse power more with the cold air intake. They don’t do all that much. If you would like to have a technician replace your cold air intake for you, consider YourMechanic. They can perform this service at your home or office.

3. Advice on putting cold air intake