Q: Front right driver side wheel came off

I front right side wheel came off as I was pulling in to my drive way. I was wonder what damage to my transmission could be caused from this? The cv axel and lower ball joint looks to be damaged.

Hi there. It sounds like your ball joint broke which allowed the suspension to move allowing the axle to pop out. This can cause some damage to the transmission, but most of the time it is as simple as a seal failure. When the axle comes out it will damage the seal, but typically not more than that. I would usually visually inspect the transmission where the axle mounts just to make sure that there is not other damage present. If you need to have this axle and ball joint failure checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Front right driver side wheel came off