Q: Car vibrates at Idle when AC is turned on

asked by on June 15, 2017

My Car vibrates at Idle when the AC is turned on. HowEver when I'm driving it works just fine. I keep up with regular maintenance on time! I just recently got a new ac system. The compressor was changed and the condenser and the rest of it was flushed. It was working really well and now it only works when I am moving. It gets really cold but it gets warm when I'm stopped. I also already change the IAC valve about two months before I got the new AC. I am not very car savvy but I want to know what it might be.

Hi there. Typically when the AC compressor is cycling, it will draw more power from the engine, which might make an existing rough idling engine "feel" worse. This could be caused by fuel system components like mass air flow sensor, fuel injectors or even the EGR valve being clogged with excessive debris. However, it’s also possible that your motor mounts are wearing out. Before you attempt any repairs, it might be best to first have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a rough idle inspection.