Q: Q: My transmission has a shifting issue

Hey! Just bought a used 2004 honda accord v6 coupe that seems to have a problem with shifting. After a certain amount of time driving the car, it suddenly shifts into neutral and looses connection until i release the gas. About a day after, i got a trouble code that read p0741and it said poor performance from torque converter clutch solenoid. I checked the fluid level and saw that it was low and a little aged so i did a drain and refill with Honda Genuine ATF and replaced a leaking seal near the shifter linkage. Now the fluid is topped off and there are no leaks but it still seems to do the same thing every once in a while. I also notice that its a little slow to go into reverse. Is my tranny severely damaged from the fluid leak and im doomed? Or should i try removing that particular solenoid and cleaning it? I love this honda and would like to save it.

If you are having issues with the transmission suddenly going to neutral instead of the next gear and also losing reverse or erratic gear engagement then you most likely have debri getting into the solenoid and valve body solenoids. You can have the transmission flushed and the filters changed to see if it will help. If it does not help then you may need ot have a transmission overhaul or replacement.

3. Q: My transmission has a shifting issue