Q: My car won't start and I got a new battery.

I got a new battery and the car won't start. It just clicks when I turn the key

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is usually a sign of a faulty starter relay. This is a small switch that directs power from the battery to the starter to allow it to engage when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, this will cause the clicking sound that you describe. If you’d like, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.