Q: Error message: 'Default Charge Battery'

The error message, Default Charge Battery, appears when I start my SUV. I cancelled the signal message and now all is good. But warning lights most always have a reason. What would have caused this error message?

The charging system on this vehicle is controlled through the engine computer and has a special fused wire that comes from the battery to the computer which may have been shorted and blown the fused wire. The wire should be checked and repaired, or replaced as per the manufacturer instructions in technical bulletin LTB00643NAS1.

3. Error message: 'Default Charge Battery'