Q: Wrong fuel into the engine, car cannot start

My car uses diesel. I filled in the unleaded 95 octane gas and drove the car for 35 miles or more. There were some jerking movements and the shutoff. I cannot start the car no more. What should I do?

A few different things can happen when the wrong fuel is used in a vehicle. This vehicle should not be driven or attempted to start until repairs have been made. The gas will have to be removed from the gas tank and replaced with diesel. Common issues from using the wrong fuel are fuel leaks, o-ring and seal damage, or a fuel filter that needs replaced. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to assist with any service needs that you may have.