Q: Malfunction indicator (MIL) keep blinking

hi i bought hyundai i10 on january 2011. i did all the necessary services/checking as per required and last month i did full car services. but there is burning smell inside my car each time i drive and just nw when i check, the malfunction indicator (MIL) keep blinking. Is there any chances the car will burn/explode when i drive to mechanic shop? can u provide any safety advice/action? TQVM

The check engine light is blinking most likely due to the engine is misfiring and the computer is warning you the engine catalytic converter may get damaged if you continue to drive it with the problem. You may have excessive fuel getting into the exhaust due to the engine misfire. The misfire may be from the oil leak or another problem in the engine ignition system. I would recommend not driving the vehicle until it is checked by a mechanic. A mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic can come to you to prevent further damage with you trying to drive it to a shop. The mobile mechanic can then identify the problem and fix it on site. Depending on the engine you have you most likely have a valve cover leaking oil into the spark plug hole and shorting the plug wire or coil out.