Q: Vehicle rumbles when driving also a very loud noise when driving over lane strips.

My Escort just started this issue this morning on the freeway. The car is vibrating/shaking and it SEEMS to be coming from the front passenger side. It doesn't vibrate as much when I'm driving at slower speeds but definitely peaks around 50-60mph. Also I noticed that when I'm on the freeway and i change lanes and drive over those lane strips, it produces a much more loud and piercing sound than usual.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several issues that may cause these types of symptoms. The most common are improperly inflated or unbalanced tires. If you lost a weight off of the tires while driving, this would cause an imbalance and you would feel it at higher speeds. You should start by having the tires balanced and make sure they are evenly and properly inflated. You can then turn your attention to the wheel assembly including the control arms, struts, and wheel bearings if necessary. Balancing the tires needs to be done by a shop who has access to the balancer. And then further tests can be done by you at home with the proper tools. For more help resolving a suspension or wheel assembly issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Vehicle rumbles when driving also a very loud noise when driving over lane strips.