Q: Hi. i have a 2000 kia sportage 4WD and it looks like the fuel pump needs to be replaced. Is it necessary to drop the fuel tank in order to replace the fuel pump?

so my Kia isnt getting fuel to the engine-tries to turn over, but won't and then battery will eventually die if i keep trying. I've had a mechanic friend look at it and he says it's most likely the fuel pump, but he seems to think you need to drop the tank in order to replace it-ive read otherwise...

Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1186.72 Get a Quote

Hi there. The fuel pump could be changed by using a special tool behind the seats in your vehicle. You will have to remove the carpet behind the rear seats and you will have access to the fuel pump. I suggest getting a plastic garbage bag and place it all around the fuel pump area to prevent any fuel from getting in the vehicle. If you are unable to gain access to the fuel pump from inside the vehicle cab, then you will have to drop the fuel tank. If you need further assistance with replacing the fuel pump, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.