Q: Which oxygen sensor usually fails first? I don't have a code reader to tell which one is bad.

I just wanting to know which o2 sensor is more likely to fail first as I do not have a code reader

Hi. In my experience, I haven’t really seen one oxygen sensor fail more than the other one. Considering the year of the truck, I would replace all the oxygen sensors on the truck because, if one is going bad, then the other oxygen sensors are right behind it.

Before you change the oxygen sensor, I would try and have the Check Engine Light diagnosed because what is causing the Check Engine Light could be something other than the oxygen sensor. I suggest you have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come and diagnosis your Check Engine Light and replace the oxygen sensor if needed.

3. Which oxygen sensor usually fails first? I don't have a code reader to tell which one is bad.